The most important post of 2018!
Writing good copy for the web is not easy. It has to be short, easy to read and at the same time keeping all necessary information. But don’t worry! With our 10 easy steps we’ll help you be better at writing for your site.
“With our 10 easy steps we’ll help you become an web copywriter to be reckoned with!”
- Know your reader. That way you can figure out what they are looking for and making sure they’ll find it.
- Be specific and concrete in your text, no bullshit. Bam Bam Bam.
- Use headlines and subheads to create structure and space in the text.
- People like and stats, it’s also a good way to avoid long texts!
- Make accurate headlines, this is what tells what your text is about.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about your mistakes.
- Test more than one headline: You have 2 seconds to grab the attention of your visitor. The headline accounts for 80% of the success of your potential sales for this reason.
- Bold important keyword or phrases. Readers on the web are attracted to bolded text!
- Tell it like it is. Make friends with them by educating them. The more you try to sell something, the more the prospective customer will resists.
- Build credibillity in every way posible: Testimonials, proof of income if applicable, show name/address/phone number/email address, use a current date script where applicable.
- Keep your forms simple, First name and e-mail is good enough 98% of the time.
- Over deliver.