When you have organized your html code and internal link structure, implemented chosen keywords and phrases into tags, body text, links and URL and struggled with meta data and description, you’ve certainly come a long way. You have optimized your website for the search engines. But you can’t do everything on your own. In order for Yahoo or Google to find your website you’re now depending on other websites. It’s a relationship you cannot escape. We are now entering the world of link building. This article is one of many in the OFF SITE SEO – series.
“You have to remember that search engines like Google only has one goal, to display the most relevant information in relation to the keyword or phrase that has been googled. They don’t cut you any slack!”
The only time you will find your website in the search engine’s top rankings is when the search engine has determined that your website is important enough. You have to remember that search engines like Google only has one goal, to display the most relevant information in relation to the keyword or phrase that has been googled. They don’t cut you any slack. So let’s go through the necessary step towards success:
- Get found. The search engines regularly scan existing websites for links leading to new websites. Make sure you’re one of them by making other websites link to you.
- Get linked from valued websites. This is where PageRank plays a vital role. PageRank is a link analyzing system measuring basically how important websites are. The higher ranked by PageRank websites that link to you are the higher value your website will get. This is what it all comes down to. Being linked to by ranked high by PageRank.
DIFFERENT WAYS OF LINK BUILDING
It is easier said than done. We know! Getting your link implemented on good, strong websites can be difficult. This is something SEO’s all over the world are struggling with on a daily basis. One way, the honest way according to the search engines, is to get linked due to good, relevant content on your website. It’s not going to write it self and it probably is going to take a lot of time to produce but if people like your website, they will return and surely link to it.
These are the most significant ways of link building:
- Good, relevant content – if the content is good enough it will be read, hopefully liked and ultimately linked to. Bad or irrelevant texts will be discarded like a bad book ending up in the back of the shelves. This is the cheapest way!
- Buying links – a whole business has emerged from buying or selling link space. You can imagine what would happen to your ratings if Nike’s official website linked to your online shoe shop!
- Posting links in forums and comments – most forums and blogs allow you to post link when commenting or posting text.
Make sure the links contain the desired keyword or phrase and that it’s published in appropriate context. Bottom line is that the safest and best way to rank higher in the search engines in the long run is to create the best most relevant website. We promote several keyword software affiliate programs. These softwares are often of great SEO value and will help you increasing traffic to your website